Design the lighting for a specific restaurant venue, the base design for which will be provided in the form of cad floor
plans and reflected ceiling plans. 3D files for some venues can be provided if desired.
You are encouraged to modify the design of the interior finishes, furniture layout, etc. as desired. This is an individual
exercise, not a group/class project.
Please look at previous assignments which I downloaded . it’s same Project. Also I downloaded a floor plan of same project
• Concept/Schematic Level Design information (highlighted) due on November 17th
– (Assignment #7)
• Lighting Concept Statement – describe your design concept and why you made the choices you did.
Make sure you also describe appropriate and defensible use of each of the three primary lighting “layers”
discussed in class:
• Light Map graphically depicting relative intensities as well as treatments
• Floor Lighting Plan with fixture symbols shown and tagged Scale: 1/4” = 1’-0” or as appropriate
• Reflected Ceiling Lighting Plan – fixture symbols shown and tagged. Scale: 1/4” = 1’-0” or as appropriate
• Lighting Sections/Elevations/Details
o (1) Enlarged Detail
o (1) Elevation or section describing lighting placement
o (1) Decorative light fixture
• Lighting Switching Plan – Using Only Simple Controls (Single Pole, 3-Way, 4-Way, Dimmer, etc.)
• Light Fixture Cut-Sheets, with Fixture Type Designations, Fixture Part Numbers Clearly Identified and
Lamp Information (All projects must include a minimum of 6 different light fixture types)
• Lighting Fixture Schedule, including:
o Fixture Type Designation (Example: A1, D1, LX-100, LX-101, etc.)
o Fixture Symbol (Create your own and stay consistent throughout the project)
o Fixture Description
o Fixture Part Number
o Lamp Information
o Lamp Quantity
o Lamp Wattage
ABS 443/643 INTERIOR LIGHTING DESIGN
FINAL PROJECT – FALL, 2022
• Lighting Power Density (LPD) Calculation & Code Compliance for all Spaces/Areas
o Calculate the total lighting power in Watts based on your design and calculate the designed LPD
o Determine whether the designed LPD complies with the LPD limit set by the IECC 2015 Energy
Code for your venue type. If not, describe the changes you would make in order to meet the code.
Provide compliance reference documents (highlight pages of the code book that you referenced).
• Foot-candle Level Calculations for (2) two areas of your design (using web based VISUAL lighting
calculation software) :
o (1) Choose from the following:
o General Ambient Light Level Calculation,
o Point Calculation of a Spot/Accent Light on Art Work or Task Area
o Lighting Study of a Wall Wash.
o (2) Achieve a minimum of 50 foot-candles at Food Prep Area
I also uploaded the file where is highlighted yellow. It’s instructions