Romeo & Juliet Costume Piece/ Mock-up
SYNOPSIS- I will be doing a mockup design of the play “Romeo & Juliet” focusing on the 2 costume pieces for Juliet Capulet. I’d like to create a Simplistic 1970s- present costume design that is rich fabric and accented with jewels or other beautiful embellishments.
Costume 1- Juliet Capulet’s first innocence dress before the masquerade ball. She’s 14 years young. Act 1, Scene 1.
Note: This costume piece must represent her purity, beauty and naivety.
Costume 2- first ball dress from her mother. She enters the ball draped in a metallic red-orange cloak, and blends in within the group of other red-garbed Capulets. signaling her not only bidding farewell to her childhood, but also shedding her Capulet identity. Act 1, Scene 2.
Fabrics to consider for both costumes, but just an idea: taffeta, silk and satin gowns, corset, Mesh, Ribbon, sash.
Create 2 renderings for costume 1 & 2. If not possible, create 1 rendering for either costume 1 or 2. Include what fabrics will be used and why the usage of those fabrics. What is the symbolism of it? Also write a 1-2 page script that includes the following:
1. Identify Juliet Capulet, her status, and personality.
2. Give a brief analysis of the play and character (Juliet Capulet).
3. identify and establish time and place of both costumes.
4. Demonstrate symbolism of costumes.
Questions to answer:
1. In post modern times, clothes reflect what?
2. What time period are the costumes of Juliet Capulet’s? What would be the century, specific year, season, time and day?
3. What is the tone and style of the renderings?
4. Do colors and fabrics correlate with the genre of the play and character’s personality?
5. What are the elements of space and lines to colors and textures of Juliet Capulet’s costumes?
6. What is the fashion history of Romeo and Juliet play?
Below is an example of a rendering I’ve made but not satisfied with the completion of it. I’ve also included a document of notes, ideas, and inspiration I’ve gathered from my research.
Comments from Customer
the renderings can be done digitally